What is coaching?
“Coaching is about enabling individuals to make conscious decisions and empowering them to become leaders in their own lives”. Coaching is a useful way of developing people’s skills and abilities, and of boosting performance to achieve their full potential. It can also help deal with issues and challenges before they become major problems.
A coaching session usually takes place as a conversation between the coach and the coachee (person being coached), and focuses on helping the coachee discover answers for themselves. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them as people are much more likely to engage with solutions that they have come up with themselves, rather than those that are forced upon them!
Coaching is not synonymous with Mentoring, counselling or giving advice. The link below gives an apt description and difference between them.
Content of Link
Coaching is useful in many sectors of our life such as
- Exploration of Needs – personal organization, relationship issues, time management, work-life balance, self-awareness,
- Motivations – Accepting Change, Career Development, greater adaptability to change.
- Effective in dealing with people Desires – Communicating Emotions, Feeling Left Out or left behind, self-esteem issues, procrastination.
- Skills – acquire new skills and abilities, Negotiation, social skills, stage fear, decision making, project planning, Language precision, learning Issues,
- Modeling for Excellence, presentation skills, conflict resolution, solving self-issues, improving work life balance.
- Thought processes – Anger Management, nervousness, stress management, Meditation, Greater confidence which will help the individual in making real, and a lasting change.